Yay, it’s almost here! This year’s read-a-thon will begin on Monday the 18th and ends on August 31st. We have five message boards participating, including the one that started it all, Christian Bookshelf.
I’ve made a list of potential series or authors that I’ll look for at my local library. I may need to request some books through interlibrary loans, but I will do my best to keep it closer to home. I’m aiming to beat my total from last summer: 25 books read.
So here’s my list so far:
- Princess Diaries series – Will probably start over since I read Books 1-3 several years ago.
- Percy Jackson series – Have previously read and enjoyed Books 1 & 2.
- Artemis Fowl books – Enjoyed the first one, didn’t remember to look for more.
- The Secret Circle books, or whatever that series is called – I watched the TV show and it was okay, so I’ll attempt at least the first.
- Royal Diaries – Have read several, but I think there are more at the local library.
- Beverly Cleary – Ramona and other books I remember seeing at the library.
- Emily of New Moon series – I might have these somewhere, possibly one or two as ebooks.
- Lois Lowry – I have one or two unread books (shame on me!) on my bookshelf, must remedy that! Great writing, so I’m not sure why I don’t think of reading them.
I should stop there before I end up with such a long list that I’m all set for next year as well. And you’ll notice I’m sticking with YA fiction because they tend to be shorter. My way of making up for the fact that I can’t read all day long, all summer. 😉